Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Booktober is Coming

November gets a lot of love. There's no shaving, and there's national novel writing. There's Thanksgiving. Here in North Carolina, there's finally some hints of cold weather. It's a good month, maybe the best of months. There's college football winding down and college basketball just getting started. There's the NFL in full swing. Sometimes, there's the World Series. It's a fun month and one we all look forward to. But it's still a month away. First, there's October.

Now, to be fair, October is pretty great in its own right. Fall is just getting here. Many of the things I listed above are already here, and we get scary movies on TV. I'm not trying to disparage October. For the most part, it rocks. But I want it to rock even more. In particular, I want it to rock in respect to my writing. I've had good months and bad months since I started this journey. I want October to be a great month. I want it to be Booktober.

With that in mind, there are a few things I have coming up. First of all, Bookland is nearly ready. It's my fifth full-length novel, and I think it's my favorite. The Guilt of the Innocent, the second of four books in The Kinmark Saga, has held that honor since I wrote it last summer, but I think Bookland has now replaced it. If you know me well, you'll understand what I mean when I say, "It's just me." I've always been a little quirky, a little odd, and I've never really cared that I come off that way. Well, Bookland has a healthy dose of that. It's not a strictly serious story like my other books. I've always had a soft spot for fiction that's self-aware, and Bookland is certainly that.

Anyway, the book is almost ready for release. I could publish it now, but I want to go over it one more time, just briefly, to make sure no huge errors stand out. Besides, I want to release it in Booktober. I plan to hit that publish button on Saturday, but I'll write another post on here once it's ready to be bought. I hope you'll give it a shot. It might bring a nice bit of levity into your life. You might could use such a thing. You might could not.

Of course, I should say one more thing about Bookland. It's not all fun and games. It's a lighter tale than I usually tell, but it's not Sesame Street. Some bad things do happen, but the hope of better things to come is always there. I'll leave it at that.

Besides Bookland, I have something else planned to help make October truly Booktober. Specifically, I have three weeks of sales coming up. As you know, I love Fulorn, and I'm planning to write a lot of stories there. The Kinmark Saga, a four-novel series, was the first of those stories. Since its completion, I've written two standalone novellas, Ranger and Outcast. All six of those novels and novellas are about to be on sale. The schedule of those sales is below. If you've been wanting to try my books but haven't wanted to spend much in doing so, now is your time. Booktober is your month.

From October 3 to October 10, all four books in The Kinmark Saga will be on sale for $0.99 a piece.

From October 10 to October 17, Ranger will be on sale for $0.99.

From October 17 to October 24, Outcast will be on sale for $0.99.

Let's make October great again, folks. Let's make it Booktober.

No comments:

Post a Comment